Wednesday 25 March 2009

Today's Rant Has Been Cancelled

Good afternoon, passengers, this is your conductor speaking.

The 14:30 Express Rant from Stress Central to Angrytown has been cancelled.

This is due to our driver contracting a case of ThingsCouldBeWorseitis after hearing the story of a little local girl.

This little girl is only five years old and was born with Down's Syndrome. She then went on to develop Leukaemia. This requires around two years' worth of brutal chemotherapy (with all the attendant hair-loss, nausea, etc.), which she completed a few weeks ago. However, because her immune system was compromised, she then caught pneumonia and had to be re-admitted to hospital. Fortunately, she has recovered from this and went home from hospital yesterday.

Just how much trouble does one little life have to bear?

We would to take this opportunity to apologise to all our passengers for any inconvenience caused, and would like to assure you that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

5 comments:

  1. I had one of those days yesterday when writing about the body of a lonely suicide victim that washed up on a riverbank in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw that excellent post and it was in my mind as I was writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that there are many more horrible things happening out there than are going on in my life right now, but I'm still going to post my rant tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise be to the Lord - he visits the sins of others upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bug - rant on!

    @anonymous - huh?

    ReplyDelete

Without your comments, I am but a wave without a shore...